These pages are to give flight to your imagination.
It is an event on the web. It is the first publication of lostNfound. It is one map to the models of expansion of consciousness. Specifically, it is a panorama of the model of EIE. The QTVR is at the bottom of the page, so you can read while it downloads (104K).
Lost and Found
It is 9 PM on March 20, 1998 in Hawaii but synchronously around the world, Wrinkle 2 panoramas are chosen and shutters are snapping, recording the moment. Listen in and welcome to my sculpture studio, "Lost and Found". It also serves as a meditation and living room. Turning the pano out to the deck in the night, see the home of the wild volunteer plants that are the subject of my Wrinkle 2, pano 2, the wave.
It is 11 PM, nice and as dark as it gets here on the 4th floor up. The studio is in Mountain View, which is on the peninsula south of San Francisco in the bay area of northern California, USA.
Here are the tools. The file size is 104K.
- Camera and panhead used: Nikon One Touch held in place by a nail on some boxes for a tripod.
- Type of film : Fujifilm 200 ASA
- Print scanner: UMAX 6E, 150 dpi, saved as TIFF files
- Macintosh PPC software:
Needed a stitcher and not yet able to afford QTVRAS. QuickStitch is an order of magnitude cheaper. QuickStitch takes BMP or JPEG files. I'm not familiar with BMP so I saved my TIFF files as .jpg with highest quality (10) at 72 dpi. The stitching worked but the output files are fuzzy, details are lost. I stitched 3 or 4 prints together, overlapping sections.
- Photoshop 4.1
Assembled stitched sections and saved as a PICT
- Make QTVR panorama 1.0b4
Used this version (rather than 2) to ensure backward compatibility
Cinepak compression at 75%
Default zoom: 80
- Movie Player 2.5.1
Saved as self-contained, playable on non-Apple computers
If you don't have a QuickTime plug-in for your browser (PC or Mac) see http://www.apple.com/quicktime/. If you have Win 3.1 or you get a broken icon, try opening the pano directly.
- Wrinkle in Time 2 hosts the equinox celebration that premieres April 22, 1998. AKA Wrinkle in Time Too* (* credits © Concept, Production and Presentation is Copyright 1998 Hot Spots
Hawai`i, All Rights Reserved)
- A panorama of the sculpture garden at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, CA, USA appears in the World Tour. The tour site is sponsored by the International Quicktime VR Association (IQTVRA).
- Solstice at the Pathway of Dreams Sculpture was done for A Wrinkle in Time. It was my second panorama.
- Airshow at the Bishop Airfield. Located in Owens Valley in California between peaks of the Sierra Nevada and White mountains. This is my first panorama.