Lookout for 2000, the millennium, links to related sites
New items appear on the top of the list, so they appear in reverse order to their discovery. The last one discovered is first on the list. If a site has many links, those links aren't repeated here.
- Horrors. Finally understand that Y2K computer problem will affect all of us. Read The Survival Guide for the Year 2000 (The Y2K Computer Virus).
- Destinations 2000 offers 200 millennium trips, but is still looking for trips of a more wholistic nature.
- Millennium (dome) experience examines the controversial dome being built at Greenwich, UK. Greenwich dome info provides more pictures too.
- Humanity 3000 symposium already. It is related to other seminars sponsored by the World Future Foundation. A detailed prospectus is a contribution to Lookout 2000.
Millennium project site, WWW.2000cdn.com might still be in Beta testing stage.
- On Nov. 26, '97, the US White House Millennium Council and the National
Endowment for the Arts announced a competition for a Millennium
Graphics Design Package. For information, see the link on the the White House Millennium Program Web page. Entries are to be pasted up and mailed by snail mail. However, if you email an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information, he will print your entry.
- From the Millennium Institute intro: "..as you cross the threshold into the
new millennium, consider ... a humane, just, and
environmentally sustainable future!" Plus, the institute offers practical solutions.
- The Millennial Project: Colonizing
the Galaxy in 8 Easy Steps. The Foundation's first colony is being built in cyberspace.
- World Peace 2000, and One Day of World Peace both focus on January 1, 2000. The goal is 24 hours around the world where the guns fall silent and the
sound of prayers can be heard.
- LightShift 2000 enables you to participate in the millennial moment, where we turn on the light of the world. That is at 12:12 a.m. on January 1, 2000, precisely.
- Until the Millennium Holomorph is available, the Electronic Millennium Project looks like the place that links web content all over the world. Whether you are non-profit or commercial, you can easily be part of the EMP site. Here is a countdown clock in a popup window, with a link to their site. Or go now to http://emp2000.ukonline.co.uk
- Southern tip of New Zealand , on a holiday millennium trip, you might see one of these. Plus the last sunset and first sunrise over the water, from one spot.
- Millennium Holomorph This is the most ambitious and worthwhile millennium project I've found yet. It is not that a world-wide envisioning system is more important than spiritual growth or biodiversity or other causes. It is that the communication might enable the solutions we seek. Here are a few quotes from the online VReMAG (Virtual Reality electronic magazine) article by Gregory D. Wright:
(By permission from Gregory Wright, read the article here at the Lookout 2000 holoMorph.)
- "This World Millennium Snapshot 'holomorph' will be the largest, and the
first global, public art project. Its content will be taken from millions of
Millennium celebrants as they gather, in groups large and small, to mark the
genesis of the 2000's with a toast and an at-the-second snapshot. ... "
- "... the Millennium Holomorph will become the basic
four-dimensional skeleton of a permanent dynamic always-growing Virtual
Earth. This veritable time sponge ..."
The Holomorph site begins in December, 1999.
There are more millennium links, too. Also, see links for the holomorph idea at Lookout 2000.
- Center for Millennial Studies offers a variety of topics. See news of a conference in November, 1997 entitled, "The Apocalyptic Other:
Millennial Views of Unbelievers Among Christians, Jews and Muslims".
- Sakina 2000 is a vast labyrinth. Enter at your own risk. There is much to explore and wonderful realms of knowledge from chaos to Shekinah. The planning of a world-wide event to celebrate the millennium in Jerusalem continues.
- Millennium watch, a newsletter site hosted by Ted Daniels.
- Millennium Eve
- The page begins with, "~a time to honour the past, celebrate the present, envision the future~." The contents include: The Invitation, The Vigil, The Preparation, A Millennium Fable, and so on. Sound intriguing?
- Talk 2000
- Here's where we start to think deeply about the millennium and share our concerns with others. Papers, newsletter, email list discussion forum or newsgroup, and other attractions.
- Netscape Year 2000 compliance
- for Communicator
and previous versions of
Navigator. Read how they will function
after the year 2000.
- Offers a comprehensive one-stop resource to prepare for the millennium. User-friendly and interactive.
- The Official Billennium Celebration.
- Plans a celebration in each of 24 time zones, on 'millennium eve', that is, New Year's eve, December 31, 1999. In early March, 1997, already there are T-shirts.
- Church of the Year 2000
- An inspiring design by the architect, Richard Meier.
- Year 2000 Issues & Answers